Kale Wrap-Lunch on the Go
March 18 @ 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
CANCELLED – Instructor Emergency
Join us for the “Kale Wrap” a FREE Event for the Entire Family!
Lunch on the Go ~ A Healthy Alternative
Join us at Beauty’s Community Garden, Saturday, March 18, 2023, from 9am-11:00am. We will start the morning off working in the garden from 9-9:45. Then enjoy a demo and tasting provided by Chef Crys , owner of Moonlyte Cooking,
- Working in the Garden 9-9:45
- Instructor – Food Demo & Tasting: Chef Crys Himes, An Integrative Nutrition Health & Wellness Coach, Culinary Herbalist through business Moonlyte Cooking, a curriculum-based program that can be tailored to fit group needs.
- DATE: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- TIME: 9am-11:00am
- LOCATION: Beauty’s Community Garden: 3201 Airline Dr. Houston, TX 77022
- ATTENDANCE: Admission: Open to Family and Friends
- ADMISSION: The event is free but RSVP – Limited Capacity and Space. Grab your space early RSVP your spot here
- COST: FREE (Optional:**Donations in Support of Beauty’s Community Garden Programs are accepted.**)
- Questions: [email protected]
- Want to participate more, here is what you do?: Complete our Contact form and identify how you’d like to support.
These “Kale Wrap ~ Lunch on the Go,” is the first class in the “From Garden to Table Cooking Series.” Each program is meant to be interactive, so bring your questions. All participants will also receive the recipe.
Each class in the series will
- showcase and highlight one recipe and or ingredient,
- educate on how to prepare and cook fresh food.
- expand their awareness on how to prepare the ingredients.
- discuss the health and nutritional benefits, and
- give ideas on where to purchase the ingredients.
Event Made Possible By
We appreciate the support of all participants.
Beauty's Community Garden is located at 3201 Airline @ E. 32nd Street, in Independence Heights–the first African American municipality in Texas. Our mission is to close the gap on food inequities and achieve a community culture of health and well-being. Our programs, events and educational materials focus on breaking the cycle of food insecurity, poor nutrition, and the resulting health outcomes people experience who have poor access to fresh produce. These communities are called food deserts, and our garden is located in one of forty plus food deserts in Houston. We are committed to transforming lives through showing the connections between growing foods and their nutritional impact on health, wellbeing and life's possibilities.
Instructor, Chef Crys Himes is an Integrative Nutrition Health & Wellness Coach, Culinary Herbalist, and Transitional Food & Pastry Chef. She's been in the Culinary Arts field for over 12 years. She gows her own organic, and pesticide-free herbs in her backyard . Through her practice MoonLyte Cooking, she creates recipes using foods and herbs with an eye on holistic wellness. You will leave her class filled with new possibilities and a twist on foods to eat.
MoonLyte Cooking is a curriculum-based program that can be tailored to fit group needs. Our program is built with the sole purpose is to inform and educate the community on alternative eating and cooking methods that help promote healthier lifestyles. MoonLyte Cooking has also broadened our services by adding artisan cooking classes to our services.
Our mission is to bring fun, educational cooking experiences to mothers' and children even in the most unusual settings. We are changing the game on how you view transitioning into healthier lifestyles.