4-Maintaining Your Garden
October 22, 2022 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Maintaining Your Garden
Techniques Supporting Healthy Veggies
Join us at Beauty’s Community Garden, Saturday, October 22, 2022, from 10am-11am for this free hour workshop. Become a Garden Whisperer embarking on a quest to upkeep healthy, growing vegetables!
This workshop supplies materials necessary to create the garden (container, soil, seeds or plants, fertilizer, etc. ) Texas A&M University Garden Course funded, in part, by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
Session will Include:
- Identification of good maintenance practices specific to vegetable gardens.
- Utilization of journal to help with the observation of plant health and growth, investigation of problems affecting plants, and the documentation of solutions.
- WHEN: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- TIME: 10am – 11am
- WHERE: Beauty’s Community Garden: 3201 Airline Dr. Houston, TX 77022
- RSVP: Limited Capacity and Space, so please RSVP.
- ADMISSION: Ages 18 on up
- COST: FREE (Optional:**Donations in Support of Beauty’s Community Garden Programs are accepted.**)
- COVID-19: Masks are encouraged; If not on hand, masks will be provided.
Facilitator & Instruction Team
We appreciate the support of all participants.
Beauty's Community Garden is located at 3201 Airline @ E. 32nd Street, in Independence Heights–the first African American municipality in Texas. Our mission is to close the gap on food inequities and achieve a community culture of health and well-being. Our programs, events and educational materials focus on breaking the cycle of food insecurity, poor nutrition, and the resulting health outcomes people experience who have poor access to fresh produce. These communities are called food deserts, and our garden is located in one of forty plus food deserts in Houston. We are committed to transforming lives through showing the connections between growing foods and their nutritional impact on health, wellbeing and life's possibilities.