3-Raised Beds and Container Gardens
October 15, 2022 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Raised Beds and Container Gardens
Settings for Thriving Fruits, Veggies, and Herbs
Join us at Beauty’s Community Garden, Saturday, October 15, 2022, from 10am-11am for this free hour workshop. We will gather hands to learn how to kickstart your garden space as a setting for plants to grow.
This workshop supplies materials necessary to create the garden (container, soil, seeds or plants, fertilizer, etc. ) Texas A&M University Garden Course funded, in part, by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
Session will Include:
- Learn to plant a container or raised bed garden with transplants or seeds.
- WHEN: Saturday, October 15, 2022
- TIME: 10am – 11am
- WHERE: Beauty’s Community Garden: 3201 Airline Dr. Houston, TX 77022
- RSVP: Limited Capacity and Space, so please RSVP.
- ADMISSION: Ages 18 on up
- COST: FREE (Optional:**Donations in Support of Beauty’s Community Garden Programs are accepted.**)
- COVID-19: Masks are encouraged; If not on hand, masks will be provided.
Facilitator & Instruction Team
We appreciate the support of all participants.
Beauty's Community Garden is located at 3201 Airline @ E. 32nd Street, in Independence Heights–the first African American municipality in Texas. Our mission is to close the gap on food inequities and achieve a community culture of health and well-being. Our programs, events and educational materials focus on breaking the cycle of food insecurity, poor nutrition, and the resulting health outcomes people experience who have poor access to fresh produce. These communities are called food deserts, and our garden is located in one of forty plus food deserts in Houston. We are committed to transforming lives through showing the connections between growing foods and their nutritional impact on health, wellbeing and life's possibilities.