Volunteer Saturday Mornings in the Garden (Oct-Apr)
October 28, 2023 @ 9:00 AM - April 13, 2024 @ 11:00 AMFree
Let’s have fun learning and tending the garden
Join Ashley Hadley, BCG’s Garden Coordinator and Volunteer Instructor, every Saturday morning!
Because each Saturday has unique needs throughout the year, the list below gives you a snapshot of what you might experience from your volunteer session. Each Saturday is different, we might be sowing or reaping, preparing or breaking down plots, or even building new above-ground or hoop structures. We have lots of exciting ideas for the garden, we promise, you will have learned something new, feel replenished because you’ve connected to the earth, and most important leave with a strong sense you’ve contributed toward an important cause. All sessions are guided and instructed by Ashley Hadley, our Garden Coordinator and Volunteer Instructor.
Volunteer Morning Sessions on Saturday could Include:
- Learning HOW and WHY, what you are doing is important
- Tips on maintaining healthy plants
- Techniques that will support successful planting
- Being mindful of the environmental needs of plants (location, soil, watering, nutrients etc.)
- Prioritizing organic solutions
- Construction and preparing planting spaces
- Depending on the time of the year, you may receive fresh veggies, herbs, or fruit from the garden.
- WHEN: Every Saturday
- TIME: 9AM-11AM (Mid Oct – April), (May to mid-Oct) 8AM-10AM
- WHERE: Beauty’s Community Garden: 3201 Airline Dr. Houston, TX 77022
- RSVP: Sign up here! We need to know you are coming and we can prepare for what you will do
- Admission: 17+ (if younger, must be accompanied by an adult). FYI there is no bathroom facilities on site.
- FEE: NO CHARGE — But please Reserve your spot, Ashley prepares based on sign ups.
- LIABILITY & USE — You will be asked to sign a few docs that protect you and Beauty’s while you are on our grounds.
- LINK to Share this volunteer opportunity with your friends — bit.ly/3qwhxGv
- BRING: Your own water, refreshments, and don’t forget protection (sunscreen, hat, and body protection against bugs
Volunteer Garden Instructor: Ashley Hadley
Ashely Hadley came onto Beauty’s Community Garden in late February 2023 as the Garden Coordinator and volunteer Instructor. She has tripled the crop production in the garden since she arrived. As a dedicated and experienced Horticulturist, she enjoys gardening with the volunteers and develops youth garden programs, that she instructs at the local Boy’s & Girl’s Club. She’s dedicated to growing the garden into a space that is inviting, and supports healthy and happy plants and human(beings).